[macemacsjp-english 563] problems with japanese input method

Back to archive index

Jose Figueroa-O'Farrill j.m.f****@ed*****
Tue Apr 18 12:11:56 JST 2006

Hi again,

This is a followup to message 559 about problems with the japanese
input method.  This problem is now solved and I'm simply letting the
list know for the records, in case someone ever encounters this
problem.

It was all down to a corrupted .kkcrc file!  I didn't even know this
file existed until upon quitting emacs I happened to catch mention of
it in the mini-buffer.  This file contains a growing list of hints for
kana to kanji conversion: it learns as one types, as far as I can make
out.  For some reason this file contained the ugly kanji glyphs.  I
have since deleted the file and everything works as it should.

Cheers, José