[macemacsjp-english 181] Carbon Emacs on non-commercial CD or DVD

Back to archive index

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dybal****@Web*****
Sat Sep 10 20:00:35 JST 2005

Hello!

Some users of TeX on Macs are releasing a teTeX 3 based TeX
distribution for Mactels, augmented by some other applications (LyX,
LaTeXiT, Excalibur ...). One of these can be this Carbon Emacs, both
for Panther and for Tiger.

Is it available as an Universal Binary? Is it available for CD/DVD
release? What have the copyright owners of the packages outside the
normal GNU Emacs distributions decided upon their own software?

I cannot i-search for words with or for the characters ö or ß: is this
a known bug? And ispell does not launch: is this a known bug too?

The AUCTeX variables TeX-lisp-directory or TeX-auto-global are wrong:
there is probably no-one that has something at
/Volumes/Emacs/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/...!

Which fontset can display the whole set of ISO 8859-15 (ISO Latin-9)
glyphs?

--
Greetings

   Pete

"What is this talk of 'release'?  Klingons do not make software
'releases'.  Our software 'escapes' leaving a bloody trail of
designers and quality assurance people in its wake."