[macemacsjp-english 164] Re: Installing new aspell dictionaries for Carbon Emacs Package

Back to archive index

Peter Heslin easym****@hesli*****
Fri Aug 19 02:53:56 JST 2005

On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 02:15:54AM +0900, Seiji Zenitani wrote:
> Auto-install-feature is already provided, although I have not  yet
> provided documents. Please examine "Help > Carbon Emacs Package  >
> Net-Install" menu in the menu bar

I see that carbon-emacs-package-netinstall does nearly everything
necessary.  It might be a nice feature to extend this to provide
net-install of aspell dictionaries.  I would code it myself, except
that I don't own a Mac -- I'm just borrowing a Mac Mini for the
moment, so I'm not in a good position to support anything on OS X.

On a slightly different topic, it seems that Carbon Emacs Package
includes emacs-w3m, but does no include the w3m binary.  Is there a
reason that is so?

This breaks my code, which looks like this:

      (if (fboundp 'w3m-goto-url) 'w3m-goto-url 'browse-url))

w3m-goto-url gives an error that the w3m command can't be found.

If it is possible to include the w3m binary, that would be
great.

Thanks,

Peter