[macemacsjp-english 535] Re: how to use carbonEmacs under console

Back to archive index

Seiji Zenitani zenit****@mac*****
Wed Apr 5 21:51:14 JST 2006

Hi,

On 2006/04/04, at 8:40, Ma XiaoGuang wrote:

> I think the best way is to disable emacs innate input method,
> chinese-py & chinese-punct. How could I do so?

Some more check points:

Do you explicitly activate the above input methods (chinese-py and -
pucnt)?
Are they activated by (set-language-environment "Chinese-*")?
How about using (set-language-environment "UTF-8")?
Does everything work fine if you temporally remove your .emacs.el?

On 2006/04/04, at 9:21, Ma XiaoGuang wrote:

> I have to comment all Chhinese-GB input methods registered in
> <Emacs.app>/Contents/Resources/share/emacs/22.0.50//leim/leim-list.el
>
> Now, minibuffer sometimes tell me 'invoking chinese-py failed',
> then Mac OS native one work instead automatically. Dirty hack,
> isn't it ?

If you find more comfortable solution, let us know.

Sincerely,

-- Seiji